Southwestern University (SWU), officially known as Southwestern University PHINMA, is a private university in Cebu City, Philippines founded in 1946 by two pharmacists. It started as Southwestern Colleges in the summer of 1946 and became a university on December 11, 1959. The university and hospital have been acquired by PHINMA Group in 2015.
The university was renamed to SouthWestern University PHINMA and the hospital from Sacred Heart Hospital to Southwestern University Medical Center. The university changed the logo and chose its South Campus on Basak San Nicolas, Cebu City.