The present simple tense is the most commonly used English tense. In general, we use it to talk about habits, facts, thoughts, and feelings.
This MindLearn infographic will show you 8 different situations in which it is essential to use the present simple tense:
- Something that is true in the present
- Something that is always true
- Something that happens regularly in the present
- Something that is fixed in the future
- Expressing the future using a conditional sentence
- Description of historical events
- Telling a story or a joke
The present simple tense is used in many other situations, and this MindLearn infographic will show you all of them.