The past continuous tense is one of the most common tenses in modern English. In general, it is used to talk about actions that happened in the past and were ongoing. This MindLearn infographic will help you if you want to know exactly when.
We use it when we talk about actions and states which continued in the past such as:
- Something that happened before and after another action
- Something happening before and after a specific time
- Parallel actions
- Description of atmosphere
- Something that happened again and again
- Something that continued for some time in the past
- Plans from the past
This MindLearn infographic is here to show you the 7 different cases in which you should use past continuous.