The present continuous tense is one of the most commonly used English tenses. We often use it to talk about actions happening at the moment of speaking.
If you want to learn about all the 8 cases when to use present continuous, you should check out this MindLearn infographic:
- Actions happening right now
- Unfinished action
- Something which we think is temporary
- Ongoing changes
- Something which happens again and again
- Something which is happening before and after a specific time
- Agreements and specific plans in the future
- Telling a story
The present continuous could also be used in relation to future and past actions. If you want to know more about it, check out this MindLearn infographic. It covers all possible situations when you should or could use the present continuous tense.